- PayPal. The company has been using this programming language since the very beginning as it is fundamental to all websites. By the way, PayPal has also experimented with Node.JS to power their web apps.
- Walmart. Its web app was initially powered by Java, however, as the site started to grow, the company realized it needed something more efficient. Today, the site that renders at Walmart.com uses Node.js to serve web pages.
- Netflix. The company started to use Java for its web app, but its engineers decided it took too long to push changes to their site using Java. That is why they decided to look for another technology to power the site. Now Netflix is powered using the Node.Js framework.
In most cases, it is used to generate responsive, interactive elements for web pages, enhancing the user experience. However, there are many cases of its appliance that should also get attention.
2. Web applications
Personal computers and popular browsers have continued to improve. Web applications also have all premises to be created.
3. Server apps
5. Web servers
It’s possible to create a web server in even about 10 lines of code. But of course, it is better to build more reliable and powerful servers using node or the standard server app framework expressJS. Many apps using Node are actually built using the MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node). Its core component is Express.
The canvas element is one of the new features in the HTML5 specification. It allows the browser to render three-dimensional shapes. This positions the browser as a new medium for digital art projects.
In the past, the browser was not a traditional games platform. However, now it is a robust venue for games. Moreover, with the HTML5 canvas’ addition, the level of complexity that is possible in browser-based games has extremely increased. What do you think about browser games aimed to teach you programming?
8. Mobile apps
As we know, mobile apps come in two major flavors: Apple and Android. They are written in completely different languages. And if you want to build and support a product for mobile devices and the web, you will logically need three times as many software developers.
Luckily, a “write it once” solution does exist. Recently, React Native has come on the scene. Now it promises to become the major player in the cross-platform space.
- You may create visual effects. By learning to animate things in the browser, you can become a design genius.
If you want to know more about the most popular programming languages in the world, you may read and try the following sources:
This is a free course. With its help, you will earn how to build Build 30 things in 30 days with 30 tutorials. Without frameworks, compilers, and libraries. This is also one of the highest recommended courses. It is useful if you prefer time-based learning.
- JS Learning Path by Frontendmasters
- It is the only language native to the web browser.
- It is the most popular programming language.
- It’s fun stuff to learn.
- There’s a low threshold to get started.